June 20, 2008

Here's to the first day of summer

Sorry that I’ve been MIA all week, everyone! I hope you haven’t missed me too much. I’ve just been a tad bit busy with my sister’s move, catching up on work since it was only a three-day week for me and getting used to having a new roomy. But no worries because I’m back, and what a perfect day to come back on: the first day of summer!

Last night I went to my very first summer barbecue. Grilled chicken, asparagus and tomatoes topped with blue cheese and bread crumbs. Needless to say, it was the perfect kick-off to the “official” summer - well, that and the new Jack Johnson CD I stole out of my sister’s CD case yesterday. Driving back to work after my lunch break, I couldn’t help but notice how much Jack mellows me out and gets my little wheels a turnin'. By the time I parked my car in the lot outside my office building, I had concluded that:

1. It’s never a good idea for your sister to date your boyfriend’s friends.

2. I really don’t like when someone says, “Let’s just see how things go.” I prefer a plan. I’m a planner.

3. Red velvet cake really does taste like chocolate cake with red food coloring.

4. The amount of toilet paper two girls go through in one week could wallpaper a small home.

5. All food tastes better grilled.

I hope you all have a great weekend! I'll be back on Monday!

No comments: