June 10, 2008

Surrender

I know I already posted today, but I wanted to post again and tell you all about something really sad that happened to someone I used to be really close to. Her name is Jessica, and she is my ex-boyfriend’s sister, and although we were friends while I was dating her brother, we drifted apart after the break up. Since then, I’ve bumped into her a couple times when I was home visiting, but that’s about it.

So, yesterday, when I learned from my mom that her baby had died, I was so sad. I had heard a while back that Jessica found out something was wrong with her baby when she was only a couple months pregnant, but I hadn’t heard anymore news until yesterday when I learned that she delivered the baby on Friday and it lived one hour before it died. Treyson Kemp Carlin, as they named him, never developed any kidneys, a condition known as bilateral renal agenesis. Because he didn’t have any kidneys, he couldn’t produce any amniotic fluid, so he was basically developing inside a dry womb, something I didn’t even know was possible.

The reason that I wanted to let you all know about it, though, is because Jessica kept a blog about her experiences throughout her pregnancy. I just learned about the blog today, and I was completely and totally blown away. Not only was I impressed at Jessica’s writing skills, but I was impressed by the story she so eloquently tells about a mom and her unborn son, and I immediately wished I had been there to read about it along the way.

And so I figured, as people who like to read blogs, you guys might want to check it out. It’s called Surrender. And in the meantime, it would be awesome if you could say a prayer for Jessica and her husband, Josh or send some positive, healing energy their way. I know they would appreciate it.

No comments: