10. Enjoying a lunch of fish and chips while looking out over Puget Sound at a restaurant in Pike Place Market.
9. Seeing Bowie, the coolest cat in the world, and cuddling with him on the couch.
8. Movie night at Redhook Brewery. (There’s nothing quite like watching Knocked Up with a room full of drunk people.)
7. Touring and tasting at Redhook Brewery, Chateau Ste Michelle Winery and Columbia Winery. (All for $6 total!)
6. Going on a WSU apparel shopping spree at Fred Meyer. (And trying to convince Mason that wearing a WSU track suit would NOT be cool. Or funny.)
5. Seeing the sights (and believe me, there were sights) while hanging out on the sandbar on Columbia River.
4. “Cargating” in Partin’s truck before the Cougar game after getting busted by the Alcohol Enforcement Officers.
3. Watching the Cougars play their first game of the season in the Seattle Seahawks stadium. (Yes, we lost, but the saying holds true: Win or lose, Cougs booze.)
2. Hanging out in the rental car all night because it was FREEZING when we got to The Gorge. (Which led to Lief stealing my lemon loaf, a whiskey bottle pass, a heated conversation about American automobile marketing and plenty of laughs.)
1. And finally, my most favorite (and most rewarding) event of the trip was sneaking into the Dave Matthews concert for free. (I now completely understand what it feels like to be a refugee fleeing across the border. We crawled. We jumped fences. We ducked. We ran. And in the end, it was all worth it.)