October 29, 2009

Sad Things

There are sad, sad things going on in this world - sad, sad things happening to people I know - good people - really, really, really good people - and right now, with the wind turning cold and scarves and turkeys and gift shopping just around the corner, I can't stop thinking how horrible it is that these sad, sad things are happening.

So what do I do in the midst of it all?

I stuff myself full of pumpkin seeds and snuggle with Cajun and order Twilight t-shirts and go out for drinks on work nights and carve pumpkins and bake cakes for no reason and treat myself to Starbucks and call my mom and take really deep breaths.

Because I now know that it could happen to any of us - at any moment - and if it ever does happen to me, I don't want to have missed out on even one moment of fun.

Not even one.

No comments: