April 22, 2010

Good Habits

Even when the work week is just one day shorter, it feels like so much more. Today is my Friday, but I have so, so much to do between now and the start of my four-day vacation.

Lately I've been getting into Flylady - have you heard of her? She's all about helping you keep your home organized and stay on top of your life, and her #1 piece of advice is to shine your sink every night, because a clean sink makes the whole kitchen feel clean. I started with a deep clean the other day and have been maintaining, and I must admit, it does feel nice.

Every month she posts a new "habit" to build into your daily routine. April's habit is to "make your bed." I've been doing pretty good with this one, too. (Which is making Cajun happy - he prefers to do his lounging on a freshly made bed.)

Why does it always seem harder to create the good habits than the bad ones?

I hope you all have a great weekend. I'll be soaking in the sun and fun and country music in Indio, but I'll be back Tuesday with plenty of pictures and a story or two.

1 comment:

Heidi Jean said...

I agree with fly lady, I started making my bed this year and it's awesome and the sink thing, well I don't shine it, but I do feel a lot better when it's empty.