August 23, 2010

Bedroom Inspiration

I've never been good at decorating bedrooms. I'm not sure why. I can decorate a kitchen, a bathroom, a living room, an office - but I can never get my bedroom just right. It's always been that way, ever since I was a kid. My bedroom has always been an ongoing project - an if-I-could-just-change-this-I-would-like-it project, and frankly, I hate those kinds of projects.

Right now, our bedroom is a hodge podge of old furniture, but we'll be getting an entire (matching!) bedroom set very soon, complete with all new bedding. (Seeing as how we both really, really like to sleep, this is all very exciting.) And this time, I've promised myself I'll get it right on the first try.

After browsing a few design blogs, I've settled on a color scheme of brown, grey, white and mustard yellow (because those rooms in the photo above just look so simple and cozy), and I've found quite a few fun accessories that would work perfectly with it.

If you find anything else that fits with this scheme, feel free to send a link my way. I promise to post pictures as soon as the apartment transformation is complete. For now, I'm just enjoying the process.

No comments: