July 30, 2012

Pregnancy Update: Week 23

23 Weeks
I saw the quote below on A Cup of Joe this morning, and I immediately knew I needed to write it down so I'd remember it in 4 months. I think it's the perfect way to describe the challenges that come with a new baby while still appreciating every moment: 

"When Toby was a newborn, I would joke to Alex that new motherhood was like traveling abroad. You're tired and jetlagged, and you haven't showered and you're sort of sticky, but then you look around and the world is beautiful and otherworldly and you're glad you came." 

And now for a little 23 week update...

Wearing: Stretchy skirts (like the one pictured above) 
Eating: A HUGE bowl of Fruit Loops every morning (They are delicious!)
Feeling: Uncomfortable at night - I so miss sleeping on my stomach
Loving: Any outfit that shows off my little bump (I'm so happy that it's growing!)
Worried About: Kids and food (I know it's early, but I already have big goals for this baby to grow up eating healthy foods - not chicken nuggets and sugary "fruit" drinks like so many kids do these days.)
Excited About: Baby names - We've got a little list going, and it's fun trying each one out.

*This very patriotic outfit inspired by the first day of the 2012 Olympics. Go Team USA!

2 comments:

CHRYSTAL! said...

breastfeed, and then make her food. it's easy as can be, and i did it with both of mine instead of buying jarred baby foods. I had like three jars on hand for an emergency, but otherwise, i used fresh and frozen veggies and fruits and pureed them. They freeze well and last a good 4-5 days in the fridge after you cook them a little and puree them. That's the best way to know what kids are eating, is if YOU cook it. No processed crap, always water down fruit juices at a 3/4 water to 1/4 juice ratio at the most if you do serve juice. Also, don't worry about "baby" foods. Just feed them what you're eating. Makes life easier in the long run, when they're toddlers and they'll be less likely to NOT try things. :)

Charisse said...

Such great advice! Thank you, Chrystal!