August 24, 2012

Pregnancy Update: Week 26

26 Weeks

Well, hello there, third trimester - I've been waiting for you! Tuesday was exactly three months from my due date, which feels really crazy. If this little lady decides to come early, she could be here in as little as 10 weeks - aaaaah! There's still so much to do! (I sure hope that nesting thing kicks in soon - I have a nursery to get ready and could definitely use some motivation.)

It's really interesting to me how things seem to change exactly on schedule with each trimester. Right when I hit the second trimester, my food weirdness went away, and I started feeling like my old self (aka pretty great). Then, right when I hit the third trimester, I completely understood why people say it brings a whole new bag of tricks. 


My lower back aches - like really aches - all the time and has forced me to adopt that pregnant waddle everyone loves. As if that's not enough - boy, am I tiiiiiired. Trips up the stairs in our house pretty much justify a nap these days, and easy things like folding laundry and doing dishes leave me huffing and puffing like I just ran a marathon. 

Below is a little more about my 26th week...

Wearing: A few maternity shirts that I LOVE (and that finally fit my belly) - Maternity clothes are seriously comfortable.
Eating: Mandarin oranges, so much milk, lemon bread 
Feeling: Achy and tired - like an old woman
Loving: The fact that strangers can now tell that I'm pregnant (Waitress at Cracker Barrel, Cashier at Wal-Mart - you totally made my day!)
Worried About: Labor - I'm terrified! (And I have a feeling it's only going to get worse as I get closer.)
Excited About: Finding out what this little lady looks like - I can't wait!
Missing: Alcohol and coffee (I had to add this one in this week because it's true. I miss my daily Starbucks runs and wine with dinner something fierce right now. Only 3 months to go....)

2 comments:

Janice MacLeod said...

You look so cute! Who the heck is the dude in your banner?

Janice MacLeod said...

Oooh... following... I really shouldn't just check into your blog once a year. You are great with photos!