January 26, 2014

Christmas 2013

Christmas 2013
Wren loved helping me decorate the tree. I think she was amazed at the box of toys (ornaments) I brought out. "Where have these been all my life, mom???" After I put the lights around her neck, she WOULD NOT let me take them off.
Christmas 2013
I made a new felt garland for our tree this year, and I absolutely adore it. I think I'll make a new garland every year so we have something new to string around our little tree.
Christmas 2013
Baking and decorating homemade sugar cookies to leave out for Santa has become a tradition with Rowan. I think she likes the decorating (aka - eating a gallon of icing off her fingers) part the best.
Christmas 2013
Our Christmas card this year was from Shutterfly. I took a bunch of our Instagram photos from the year, made them black and white and turned them into a collage.
Christmas 2013
Rowan made the cookies AND wrote Santa a note - so cute.
Christmas 2013
I was able to get together with some momma friends during my trip. We all knew each other when we were young and in college, and now we all have babies around the same age. So much fun.
Christmas 2013
I also got to meet a friend from Instagram at the end of our trip! I started following Brianne on Instagram when we were both pregnant, and we ended up having our babies on the same day. It was so fun to meet her and Eden at their house in Houston.
Christmas 2013
My parents gave Jon and Andy matching pajama jeans and sneaker socks for Christmas. They had to put them on immediately, of course!
Christmas 2013
Andy and Brianne twinned it up on Christmas day in their buffalo plaid.
Christmas 2013
These guys are trouble when you get them together, and they know it.
Christmas 2013
No visit is long enough with my sister, Brianne. We were finally able to see her new house and spend the night there before we flew home. She is the best hostess there ever was, and we had the best time. We definitely wished we lived closer to those two.
Christmas 2013
I'm about a month late in getting these Christmas photos up - but better late than never is currently my life's motto - so forgive me. We had a great Christmas this year, packed full of family and friends we don't see nearly enough.

No comments: