April 8, 2018

Baby #3: Four Month Update

3 Months
We are so excited to be welcoming baby number three into our family in September! This babe will complete our family, and this is my last pregnancy so I'm trying to soak it up, but that has not been easy so far!

Since we were planning this pregnancy, I was super eager to take a pregnancy test the week of my period. When I got a negative result, I was so bummed! I really wanted to get pregnant in January so that the baby would be born before Jon left for Korea. I was sad for a few days, but then I moved on. Then about a week later, we were on the way home from the grocery store and I got really dizzy - like REALLY dizzy. I said "Woah, I'm really dizzy right now" and I put the air vents on me. Jon asked if I thought I might be pregnant. I was like no way, the test was negative. He told me to take another one. I went right into the house, took the test and it showed positive with two lines right away and I was SO HAPPY! I thought for a second about keeping the secret and surprising Jon somehow, but I knew I could not keep the secret right then - I was too happy. I came out of the bathroom smiling and threw my arms around Jon's neck. It was such a happy day. This was my first time ever getting a negative test result before a positive result - so crazy - it totally threw me off and made for a nice surprise!

I found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks and had a little honeymoon period until week 7 where I felt totally fine. I kept Googling "can you be pregnant and not get sick" because I thought I might be that lucky! I was wrong. :(

I got my usual weird digestion nauseousness right at the start of week 7, and I remembered why being pregnant is NO FUN. I felt super sick all day long. Eating was a challenge. I felt sick when my stomach was empty and then felt sick after I ate. I was a lose/lose situation. I basically tried to sleep my way through the sickness, going to bed at 8pm every night. When I hit 13 weeks, the worst of it went away, thankfully!

If anything, I would say orange juice and bacon got me through those first few weeks. Orange juice would settle my stomach and bacon was the only thing that didn't make me feel bad in the morning.

Now that I'm going on 16 weeks, I still have some digestive issues and still feel terrible if I over eat, but it's not debilitating. I hope that I get completely back to normal soon like I did with my other two pregnancies because I really loved food and stuffing myself full during those pregnancies and would love to do the same this time! :)

My cravings have been SO WEIRD this time around. Pineapple juice, orange juice, pickles, pickle juice, canned peaches and vanilla Snackwells cookies have been my go-tos. I also have had a major aversion to water. I can stomach it if it's cold, but really, I'd rather not drink it. In past pregnancies, I've had a food aversion to vegetables, but that didn't happen this time, so that's good! I was able to make healthier choices than I have in past pregnancies (but that doesn't mean I didn't indulge in plenty of treats, too!).

In addition to first trimester symptoms, I also have some really annoying general pregnancy symptoms that'll probably stay with me the whole time: stuffy nose and tons of spit in my mouth. I had the stuffy nose with my other pregnancies but never the spit thing - it's terrible! I deal with it by sipping on liquids constantly, but it's really gross and my mouth feels gross 100% of the time and I so can't wait for that part to be over.

I've pretty much been wearing maternity clothes since I was 7 weeks pregnant. My digestive issues made me super bloated, so much that my regular clothes just were not comfortable, so I pulled out the box of maternity clothes right away. At almost 16 weeks, I just bought some maternity shorts in preparation for this hot El Paso summer.

I still haven't felt the baby move, but I'm so excited to. That's my favorite part and the thing that makes being pregnant the most fun!

We found out the gender of this baby super early because we had some genetic testing done. I found out over the phone that baby was a boy - and I was SHOCKED! It's a good thing I had a couple days to sit with it on my own before telling the world, because I needed those days to get used to the idea! Since I found out first, I planned a gender reveal for Jon and the girls - a giant balloon that they popped and blue confetti and balloons came out. Watch the video here! Now that I'm mostly over the shock, I'm so excited for a little boy to join our family! I can't wait to see what he's like! (And I'm already having a blast shopping for all new baby boy stuff!) :) We'll have our anatomy scan at 20 weeks to 100% confirm that baby is in fact, a boy!

Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments: