March 7, 2008

Introducing.....me

You know that girl that always has perfectly manicured nails no matter what? And every single time you see her, without fail, she has perfect, shiny, smooth, manicured nails that coordinate perfectly with her outfit and her eye shadow?

Sadly, I’m not that girl. I’ve tried to be that girl. I’ve done it exactly how my mom taught me. Two coats of color, time to dry in between, and a top coat of clear. My nails still chip two hours later. And so, I’ve become okay with being the girl with chipped nail polish. Over the course of my 26 years, I’ve also become okay with being the girl who never washes her car, cries at the dentist, is a terrible cook and never seems to get anywhere on time.

And even though I may never be the girl that can do shots like the boys or win at chess, I’m pretty content being the girl that prefers the window seat to the aisle, the girl that drinks milk with pizza, the girl that buys a box of chocolates for herself the day after Valentine’s Day because they’re on sale—despite the fact that she’s already gotten one from her boyfriend and one from her mom. (After all, you can never have too much chocolate.)

I’m the girl that watches American Idol religiously, loves country music, takes hour-long showers and craves hamburgers dipped in barbeque sauce. I believe in God, love, truth and family. And I’m scared of snakes, heights, lies and death. I’m happiest in the sun, loneliest after a weekend filled with friends, and there’s nothing I love more than a real, genuine conversation, a good book, a good song, a home-cooked meal and a good night’s sleep. I may not be where I want to be in life, and I’ll be the first to admit I’m still figuring out what I want to be when I grow up, but I’m pretty excited about the path I’m on and where it’s taken me so far.

I’m sure you’ll learn more about me over time. But for now, I hope that summary will do. If you want to know more, just ask!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This one had to do with the "fav" blogs you have, you know, they're about cooking and cuisine but you don't know how to cook and also something about enjoying the perfection of newly manicured nails and I don't know what else. I'm def not as eloquent as I was before. It's Monday.....