April 29, 2008

3 days...

With only 3 days left before Stagecoach, I thought I’d take some time to try and convert some of you country-hating readers. I figured it’s the least I can do in the midst of my excitement. So, for the next three days, I’ll be adding one new song a day by a Stagecoach artist to my music player and posting the song’s lyrics here on the blog. Feel free to turn it up and sing along!

Warning: The following song may induce feet tapping, hand clapping, booty shaking and general woo-hooing.

Enjoy!

Stagecoach artist #1: Big & Rich

Well, I walk into the room, passing out hundred dollar bills
And it kills and it thrills like the horns on my Silverado grill
And I buy the bar a double round of crown
And everybody's getting down
and this town ain't never gonna be the same.

(chorus)
Cause I saddle up my horse and I ride into the city
I make a lot of noise cause the girls they are so pretty
Riding up and down Broadway on my old stud Leroy
And the girls say "Save a horse, ride a cowboy."
Everybody says "Save a horse, ride a cowboy."

Well, I don't give a dang about nothing
I'm singing and bling-blinging
While the girls are drinking long necks down.
And I wouldn't trade old Leroy or my Chevrolet
for your Escalade
Or your freak parade.
I'm the only John Wayne left in this town.

(repeat chorus)

(spoken)
I'm a thorough-bred, that's what she said
in the back of my truck bed
As I was getting buzzed on suds
out on some back country road.
We were flying high, fine as wine,
having ourselves a big and rich time,
and I was going just about as far as she'd let me go.
But her evaluation
of my cowboy reputation had me begging for salvation
all night long.
So I took her out gigging frogs,
introduced her to my old bird dog,
sang her every Willie Nelson song I could think of
And we made love!

(repeat chorus)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"saddle up my horse" ??? so country!!! LOL!