April 23, 2008

8 days, 8 days, 8 days

I’m highly distracted today. I just can’t seem to focus on work or errands or responsibilities unless they have to do with the Stagecoach Festival. In short, I’M JUST TOO EXCITED TO DO ANYTHING BUT BE EXCITED!

Three days full of all the hottest country stars, old and new, Stagecoach is a country music festival out in Indio, CA, that I’ve been looking forward to since they announced it a million months ago, and now that it’s finally here (NEXT WEEKEND!!), I can’t concentrate on anything else.

I don’t want to work. I want to make grocery lists. I don’t want to clean my apartment. I want to try on clothes with my new cowboy boots. I don’t want to cook dinner. I want to load up the car!

I went to Stagecoach last year, and it was the perfect kick-off to an amazing summer. This year, I can’t wait for more! (Especially since my fabulous sister is flying in from Texas to come!)

I can’t wait to wake up in the early morning desert sun and eat Poptarts on the grass outside my tent. I can't wait to spend the days laying out, drinking margaritas, eating sandwiches, dancing to the music from my boom box and playing beer darts in the sun. And I really can't wait to end every night on a field of cool grass in a sea of thousands of people all singing the same songs at the top of their lungs! I just don’t know what could be better than that.

Here’s the (AMAZING!!) line up:

The Eagles
John Fogarty
Trisha Yearwood
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
Michelle Branch
Craig Morgan
Rascal Flatts
The Judds
Dirks Bentley
Dwight Yoakum
Taylor Swift
Bucky Covington
Luke Bryan
Rissi Palmer
Shelby Lynne
Tim McGraw
Carrie Underwood
Gretchen Wilson
Big & Rich
Trace Adkins

And those are only the ones I want to see! There are more!

Anyway, I know country music isn’t all the rage these days, so I understand if you’re less than interested in this post, but I just had to write and share my EXTREME, CRAZY, FRANTIC, IDIOTIC, RIDICULOUS excitement with you guys!

Only 8 more days….

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm definitely sharing in your excited over here in Houston!!!

i can't wait to eat poptarts on the grass, get really tan and sing at the top of my lungs with taylor swift to "picture to burn!"

yee haw!

<3,
b

Anonymous said...

Must be a Texas thing....but have fun!