February 22, 2010

A Word With You

I like the idea of incorporating favorite quotes or passages into weddings, whether they're printed on the napkins or read aloud by a member of the family during the ceremony. I particularly like the idea of engraving special words on the inside of the wedding bands. For this reason, I've been collecting marriage quotes that I particularly like. Below are a few:

"My whole heart for my whole life." - French saying

"Whatever souls are made of, his and mine are the same." - Emily Bronte

"May Heaven give you many, many merry days." - William Shakespeare

"There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage." - Martin Luther King

"Love me and the world is mine." - David Reed

"Eat drink and be married." - Wedding saying

(I also saw a couple who had their wedding date engraved on the inside of their bands, a sweet idea that makes anniversaries really easy to remember.)

I'm not sure what I plan to do with all of these just yet, but when I do, you'll be the first to know. (If you know of anyone who has used quotes like these in cute ways, I'd love to hear about it!)

No comments: