March 19, 2010

Add It to the List

Ok, I know my last post was about NOT adding any more DIY details to the to-do list, but I couldn't resist (prepare for combustion in 3, 2....).

The way that The Barn is set up, we're only able to hang lights and banners across the room over the tables where people will be sitting/eating, which leaves the dance floor without any decorations. At first I thought this was fine, but then...I saw the tissue paper poms (pictured above).

It's not the first time I've seen tissue paper poms, but for some reason, they stuck with me this time and I can just see them dangling festively over us while we line dance the night away. Here's a quick picture tutorial - they don't look that hard, right?

Oh, and before I forget, if you love the details like me and you ship packages on a frequent basis (or you're just plain crafty), stop by your local Joann's craft store for some of the oh-so-cute packing tape pictured below. I picked up this exact roll of the yellow paisley last night for a little project I have in the works for Bride and Groom signs to hang on the back of our reception chairs, but they have all colors and designs.

Wishing you all a lovely weekend (and myself a productive one)!

No comments: