April 15, 2010

A Warm Welcome

When I realized we'd actually be lucky enough to have out-of-town guests at the wedding in Texas (LOVE all of you who are traveling!), I knew I wanted to do a little something special to welcome them to my home state and thank them for making the trip. After seeing tons of cute welcome bags on the web, I added yet another (very fun) project to my list.

I already have plenty of ideas on what I want to put in the bags, including, but not limited to (don't worry - I'm not going to completely ruin the surprise for any traveling blog readers):

-a few bottles of St. Arnold's beer (brewed in Houston - and gooooood)
-a stamped Texas postcard (for sending home to family and friends)
-some candied pecans (Groves is home to the Pecan Festival and lots of pecan trees)
-a map of the area (every tourist's must-have when visiting a new place)

I love the little note attached to the "Welcome to Colorado" bag in the photo above - totally planning to use it for inspiration.

No comments: