I'm down to the final days of flower-making, folks. My goal is to be done with all pre-wedding projects and to-dos one month before the wedding, leaving the final month open for plenty of relaxation and any loose ends that may come up. So, that means I have a little over three weeks to finish the bridesmaids' flowers, my bouqet and the groomsmens' boutonnieres - all of which I'm making myself out of fabric.
This past weekend, I gave the boutonnieres a try, but really didn't like the pattern I was using (they looked a bit more like giant fabric folds than flowers), so after a little more research, I came across this pattern for the boutonniere you see below:
Last night I tried it myself with yellow and orange ribbon and little wooden buttons in the middle, and this is how they turned out:
Pretty cute, if I do say so myself - and fairly easy if sewing the button on doesn't take you a million tries (like it did for me).
More flower-making this weekend. Stay tuned for finished photos!