May 24, 2010

Serious Stuff

Today has been a hard day. I thought I was going to be one of the few girls lucky enough to pull off a drama-free wedding. Looks like I'm not.

I know that there are a lot of emotions swimming around inside people before a big event like this. I just wish everyone would realize those same emotions are swimming around in me, too. It seems everyone thinks I'm floating on clouds and dancing with unicorns over here. If only they could see and feel the things I'm working through, then maybe they'd be more careful with their words.

I know one thing - I'll never look at a bride or a groom the same way again. This wedding stuff isn't silly. It's serious. And really, they need all the support they can get.

On a somewhat brighter note, I finished my flowers this weekend (photos below). Glad to cross that off the list.

2 comments:

Susan Iverson said...

There is only one thing important in all of this, you and Mason. Don't lose sight of that.

Charisse said...

Thanks, Susan. We are getting clearer and clearer on that by the day. Beginning to wish I had planned something super small with less of a chance of drama.