June 8, 2011

Blue Valentine

Blue Valentine

After Joanna posted about Blue Valentine last Friday, I had to see it for myself. Facebook friends told me it was uuuuber depressing so I was prepared, and I have to say, it wasn't as sad as I thought it'd be. One of my very favorite things in life is analyzing relationships, so this type of movie is right up my alley. I loved the flashbacks when they were falling in love so very much - that Ryan Gosling sure knows how to play up the romance and make my belly flop like its me he's singing to - and while the real life parts were sad, I just kept thinking about the words of marriage advice Sydney posted last week:

"Choose your love. Love your choice."

It really is that simple (and that hard), and I wonder if the story would've been different for Cindy and Dean (and so many other couples around the world) if after the fun part of choosing their love, they'd dedicated themselves wholeheartedly to the part of loving their choice.

No comments: