April 12, 2012

Starting Over

Kentucky Sky
Wow… It’s been a while – like a long, long while. Thanks so much to those of you who are still stopping by. I really do appreciate your readership, and it’s for you that I’m writing this post – quite possibly the hardest blog post I’ve ever written.

Back in January, when I said I was going through some not so fun stuff, I wasn’t joking. The first month of this year was probably the hardest month of my life so far, and because there’s no pretty or nice way to say it, I’m just going to be straightforward with all of you.

In December of last year, Mason and I decided to get a divorce. We agreed that we weren’t right for each other and felt it was best that we each go our separate ways. While great friends, our relationship was missing some of the key elements a marriage relationship needs, elements that we felt we had worked on with no progress over our years together. After some tough conversations, we agreed that we would separate in the new year.

During the last few months that Mason and I were together, I started spending time with someone I had known for a while, but had never really spent time with before. His name is Jon, and he quickly became very special to me. When Mason and I decided to separate, I made the decision to move to Kentucky where Jon is stationed in the Army at Fort Campbell to see where our relationship might go. I made the move in mid-February, and I am happy to say it was the absolute best decision I ever could have made. Even though it's only been a short period of time, I know without a doubt that Jon is the partner in life that I always wanted but never thought I’d have, and every single day that goes by, I feel so lucky to be with him.

I know that this is A LOT to take in.
Believe me. It has been A LOT for me to work through, so I can only imagine how it feels to read about it all at once. If I have disappointed or upset any of you with this news, I sincerely apologize. Situations like these are never easy, but I am confident that I made the choices that are right for my life, and I hope that you will understand and trust my judgment. I look forward to getting back to regular blogging (I have so much to tell you all), and I hope that you’ll join me in reading. If you have any questions about any of this, feel free to ask them in the comments. I’d be happy to answer them and provide any additional info that you might like to know. You guys mean the world to me. You really, really do. And boy, have I misssed you!

8 comments:

picky said...

Wow. So sorry you've had such a rough time but glad to know you're comfortable with where you are now.

Cannot believe I follow you on Facebook and still thought you were in Austin. In fairness, you've mostly posted Instagram updates. :)

Kentucky, huh? I have absolutely no clue what that must be like. Are you working?

Anyway, glad you updated. It was nice to see your post in bloglovin. :)

Baby Copty said...

I have really missed you too. I'm so glad you'll start blogging again. Can't wait to see what the future holds for you.

alisha said...

It is always a little sad when I hear about a marriage that didnt work out. But it IS your life and you DO have to do what is best for you. It was very brave of you to share all of that with us. Thanks for sharing. Everything happens for a reason. I look forward to the days when you're blogging regularly again. Good luck with everything!

Heidi Jean said...

My heart just jumped out of my chest a bit...

I had NO idea that you two were separated, my condolences. Even though it was mutual and the 2 of you agreed it doesn't make the decision or the disappointment go away. The smarter thing is that you 2 didn't wait it out- because if you know you weren't meant to be why waste time right? Which, in your situation turned out miraculously as you were able to meet the man of your dreams just shortly after. Congratulations, you deserve the best and so does Mason.

Charisse said...

Jennifer - I know. I've been kind of quiet on Facebook about all of it so it's understandable that you didn't figure it out. :) And yes, I am working for a market research company in Nashville. It's about an hour commute each way, which has definitely taken some getting used to, but I do love Nashville so much!

Joni - Thank you so much. I really appreciate that. I missed you guys so much!

Alisha - It's definitely always a sad thing and something I never thought would happen in my own life. Thanks for your support and the good luck wishes. :)

Heidi - I wasn't sure if you knew or not. I bet you were shocked. Thanks so much for wishing us the best. That means a lot. We both love you and hope you're doing great!

greendolphin79 said...

Wow an hour's commute! So sorry things didn't work out with you guys. but wishing you all the best in your new start. Your adventurousness is inspiring! ;) Always enjoy seeing your cute pics and craft projects - glad to see you're back blogging again :) ~Greta

Stephanie said...

I just saw this - wow. I'm sorry things didn't work out with Mason but I'm glad you've made a decision you both can live with. Best wishes to you, hon.

Charisse said...

Greta - Yes, the hour commute definitely takes some getting used to. :/ Thanks so much for the nice words. I hope you're doing great!

Stephanie - I meant to write you back on FB and fill you in, but the time got away from me. Thanks for the well wishes - really appreciate that. Hope you're having lots of fun with that new baby. :)