September 23, 2013

Wren Winter: 8 & 9 months old

Wren Winter: 8 & 9 Months Wren Winter: 9 Months Wren Winter: 8 Months
Oh, little Wren bird - or should I saw BIG Wren bird?? Because you surely are a big girl these days! I'm a little behind on your updates, but I will do my best to remember all of the milestones you had during your 8th and 9th months (because there were A LOT of milestones).

In your 8th and 9th months, you became way more mobile than ever before. You would roll onto your belly and then scoot yourself all over the house. Sometimes you would scoot yourself into a corner and start crying because you were stuck. I would have to go get you, put you back in the middle of the room, and you'd start all over again. Then, in July, you learned to push yourself into a sitting position, which was a really big deal because it meant you could sit up whenever you wanted to and didn't need mommy and daddy to help you when you toppled over. You learned this new trick just a few days after your Didi stayed with you while I was in Park City for work. Didi was sad that she missed your new trick by just a few days. It was also about this time that you started getting up on all fours and rocking back and forth. We knew crawling was just around the corner, so we started baby proofing like crazy, and in your 9th month, you took off!

I had seen you start to crawl a few times during the day when we were home by ourselves, and daddy had seen you do it a few times at night when I had missed it, but you saved the grand reveal for one Saturday morning when your dad and I were both home. Your dad had cooked us a big breakfast and we were cleaning up in the kitchen. That's when you decided to show us what you had been working on. Thankfully, we got it on video. Since then, you've been cruising around nonstop (and chasing the cats, of course)! Shortly after you started to crawl (only a couple days later), you also started pulling up on anything and everything you could get your little hands on. Sitting down was suddenly no fun - you wanted to stand up!

But these new milestones weren't all good - Shortly after you learned to crawl and pull to a standing position, you also had a terrible four weeks of sleep regression. You suddenly hated going to sleep and would cry like a mad woman whenever I put you in your crib. Naps were a no-go - you weren't having any part of them - which meant I had a VERY cranky baby on my hands most of the day. Then, at night, you would wake up multiple times, crying and upset, and not wanting to go back to sleep. Your dad was (conveniently) away at school during this time (lucky!), and it was really hard on me. After some online research, I found out this is quite normal around 9 months and happens because babies are going over and over all of their new skills in their heads and find it hard to quiet their minds enough to sleep. Knowing what was happening made it a little easier to handle, but boy, was I thankful when you started sleeping again four weeks later! (The articles I read said it can happen again around 12 months when babies start walking - so I will for sure be on the look out.)

We continued to experiment with different foods in your 8th and 9th months, and you continued to be the best little eater ever. There wasn't much you didn't like (except this Chicken Casserole - haha!).

You had your 6 month check up when you were 8 months old. We got behind in the schedule with the move to Fort Lee, getting settled in, etc. At your check up, you weighed 19 pounds, passed all your little milestone tests and took the shots like a champ.

You continue to be just the cutest little thing I ever did see, and I'm so thankful to call you mine, Wren Winter. I love you, love you, love you, and hope all your days are happy ones. Happy (belated) eight and nine month birthdays!

No comments: