December 30, 2014

2015 Goals

2015 Goals
I love a new year and a new reason to start fresh with new goals. Below are a few of the things I'll be working on this year, and I'm pretty excited to get started!

Be brave
This one is huge for me and the biggest goal I've set for myself this year. Over the past few months, I've wholeheartedly come to believe the truth in the saying 'she who is brave is free.' I've been put in situations recently that have forced me to become more direct in my communication, more confident in my ideas, and more sure of myself as an adult, a professional, a mother and a friend. Doing these things scared the heck out of me and forced me to grow in a huge way (sounds dramatic, but it's true). I want more of this in my life in 2015. I want to confront difficult situations without fear. I want to believe in myself and be confident in my convictions (at 33 years old, there's no reason why I shouldn't be). I want to say what I mean and mean what I say. I want to be brave and in turn, be free - from limitations, from judgement, from fear. I'm really looking forward to seeing where this one takes me.

Family dinners
Jon and I have a bad habit of eating dinner in front of the TV catching up on our favorite shows. This is something we've wanted to change for a while, but just haven't had the motivation. Growing up, my family always ate dinner together at the table, and I think it's a great habit to have, especially as Wren (and our family) grows. Jon and I are both excited to commit to this one, but we know it's going to take some serious dedication.

Spend less
I am constantly on a mission to simplify - my closet, my house, my life. I want to spend less money in 2015. I want to be happy with less. I want to feel content knowing that I already have everything I need. I want to put the money I would usually spend on clothes or coffee toward saving for travel or fun experiences or our future.

Read more
I have a huge stack of books on the dresser in my bedroom, and I really, really want to read them. This will mean less TV, less Pinterest and less Instagram, but I think I can do it if I make it into a daily habit.

So there it is - all that I wish to accomplish in the coming year. I plan to check in on these every few months to see how I'm doing. Jon and I are also tracking our smaller goals using Elise's "progress, not perfection" trackers which should make our progress (or lack thereof) easy to spot.

Wish me luck! :)

No comments: