December 26, 2014

Two GIRLS!

It's a Girl! It's a Girl!
When Jon and I first found out we were having another baby, my first thought was - oh, please let it be a girl! ;) Growing up with a sister who is now my absolute best friend in the world, I couldn't help but hope Wren would be lucky enough to have the same. The day we went to the gender reveal ultrasound, I had pretty much talked myself into thinking it was a boy, so when the tech said it was a girl, I was so, so excited!

I know that all sisters don't get along as well as my sister and I do, and I know that even my sister and I didn't get along all the time when we were little, but I so hope that these two girlies grow up to be the very best of friends. I hope they make each other laugh (especially at the jokes that no one else gets). I hope they stick up for each other, compliment each other and build each other up. I hope they draw strength and courage from each other, inspire each other and go on great adventures together.

Thanks to my awesome pregnancy hormones and general tendency to worry, I have moments of fear and sadness when I think about bringing another baby into our family. I feel sad that our time with just Wren is coming to an end. I worry that Wren will feel left out with the new baby, and I always want her to know how much we love her. But every time these thoughts creep in, I put my mind at ease by thinking about the crazy love I have for my own sister. I know there will most likely be a period of adjustment when the baby comes, but I also know that I am giving Wren the best gift I could ever give her - a best friend and partner in crime - a sister! :)

No comments: