September 14, 2018

Baby #3: Eight Month Update

8 Months
Eight months, and here we are! We took this pic in Ruidoso, NM on a morning when I tried to make a 1/2 mile walk up a slight hill in high altitude and got so tired and out of breath that Jon had to go get the car to pick me up - haha!!

Wearing: Dresses (although I feel like a giant elephant) and 1 pair of shorts that still fits. All the shirts I wear to sleep in are too small and show the bottom of my belly, which Jon calls my "belly smile." :) 

Eating: A lot! Still craving snocone ice like crazy. Also craving milk, but it hurts my stomach, so I've started drinking Lactaid which sounds gross but is actually delicious! 

Feeling: Very itchy and very heavy (my belly). Braxton Hicks contractions started this month and they are so uncomfortable. I can feel them coming on and my belly gets as hard as a rock, and I have to sit up really straight and breathe through it. I'm also having leg cramps at night - they wake me up from a dead sleep - which is terrible! Baby moves like crazy all the time, but especially at night when Jon and I are watching TV on the couch - he just kicks and rolls around! 

Loving: Writing the baby's name on things - so fun! Soaking up these last few weeks with the girls and our family of four. Being done with our to-do list and having nothing on the agenda but having fun (and taking naps). 

Worried About: To induce or not to induce. I' want to induce, but I'd like to wait until the 28th to induce (which is 40 weeks and my due date) but that means I may go into labor on my own before that, which freaks me out! 

Excited About: Dressing a tiny baby in tiny baby clothes. Seeing what the girls think of the baby. That first night home from the hospital, when everything is new and crazy and amazing. Slowing down, drawing in, spending time with my little family as the seasons change. :)

No comments: