February 19, 2010

FABric Flowers

After skimming wedding sites and blogs and photos from real weddings, I've come to a conclusion about the flowers for my wedding: I want them to be fabric.

I've had my eye on some fabric flower tutorials from around the web, and this seems like the perfect opportunity to put them to use. I'm thinking bridesmaid bouquets, groomsmen boutonnieres, reception flowers - all fabric!

My plan is to hit up the local craft store this weekend and try out a few patterns, like this one and this one, both from Dolci Odille and spotted on Once Wed.

The way I see it, it's an opportunity to be crafty, eco-friendly and budget-conscience all at the same time.

What are your thoughts on fabric flowers? Have you seen this in a wedding before? Know of any good (and easy) tutorials? If so, I'm all ears!

*Photo courtesy of Dolci Odille

No comments: