March 18, 2010

Dig In

Today, I want to talk about FOOD - reception and rehearsal dinner food, that is.

Over the past week or so, we've finalized the menu for both of these events, and I'm happy to say that they're both in keeping with the "southern" theme of the Texas wedding celebrations.

The rehearsal dinner will be held at a TexMex restaurant and will feature all of my favorites like enchiladas, fajitas, chimichangas and tacos. The restaurant let us choose four dishes to include on our personalized menu, so we chose a little bit of everything. For dessert, we'll have sopapillas - puffy pastry that's fried and served warm with honey and powdered sugar. (Can you hear my stomach growling?)

For the wedding, we've decided on some southern classics, including bbq brisket, bbq chicken, baked beans, and potato salad - served buffet style, of course. A family friend will be cooking the meat, and my mom and grandma plan to roll up their sleeves and prepare the sides.

I think it'll be perfect - if I can somehow protect my dress from all that bbq sauce! What do you think?

*By the way, I love the idea of writing the menu on a chalkboard next to the buffet table, like in the picture above. A family friend is willing to lend her easel. Now I just have to find the perfect chalkboard.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

are you going to make the chalkboard too?

xo,
your MOH