August 12, 2010

Re-Decorating

Since Mason and I are now living in what used to be me and my sister's apartment, we decided we would re-decorate everything together so that it felt like "ours" and not just "mine," and I must say, we're having a blast. So far our purchases include a new dining room table (with benches instead of chairs!), a new entry way table, a new sectional couch (so comfy!), a new flat screen TV and a screen door (random, but oh so nice). The apartment already looks way less "girly" and more grown up. Saturday we're getting the walls painted, and I'm so excited to see what the finished product looks like. I have a feeling I'm never going to want to leave. (Don't worry - I'll definitely post pics!)

In the midst of my re-decorating brainstorm, I decided to do a little browsing for rugs on UrbanOutfitters.com and was totally surprised by the completely cool, retro furniture they sell. (See picture above.) I confess, I may have drooled. If you're in need of a new piece for your place, I would definitely check them out.

And then, as if that wasn't enough, I also bumped into this on Etsy. For those of you who remember this post, you know I've been wanting one of these "Keep Calm" posters for a while now. The fact that I can get one custom made in any color with any wording makes me giddy. I'm thinking of a spot right over our computer desk. "Keep Calm and Write On" or "Keep Calm and Blog On" are both in the running.

No comments: