November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving 2010
Turkey Day Hats

Thanksgiving 2010 has come and gone, leaving us tired and full and tired and full. It was great having my parents here and getting to show them around the city a bit. They even helped me scratch something off the list (more on that tomorrow). It was also fun to host our very first guests in our very first guest bedroom - so "married-like" of us. But now that it's all over, boy are we tired. You now that whole "I need a vacation from my vacation" thing? That's totally me right now. Totally.

When all of the cooking was done, the turkey turned out fantastic, the sweet potatoes were extra sweet, the rolls were buttery and my flourless chocolate cake was sooo wonderfully chocolatey. The best part of it all? The leftovers, of course! (Which I'm happy that we still have plenty of because I can't wait to curl up with some sweet pototoes and bread pudding while I watch this tonight and this tomorrow.)

Photos above from my Thanksgiving day tablescape (and a few of Mason and I - what's a holiday without fun hats??)

No comments: