August 1, 2011

Weekend Photo Love: 7/30

7/31/11 Weekend
7/31/11 Weekend
7/31/11 Weekend
7/31/11 Weekend
7/31/11 Weekend

This weekend was a really good one. On Friday night, Mason had a guys' night, and I spent in insane amount of time meandering through Target (where I stumbled upon the Malbec wine pictured above, whose label is totally cool and coincidentally inspired by the posters from Hatch Show Print, the little print shop I visited in Nashville - which meant I had to buy a bottle.)

On Saturday, we braved the very, very windy beach to soak up a little sun (I was supposed to take a dip, per the birthday list, but that wind was cooooold - so no dipping for me). Then we got dressed up and headed to a new (to us) Mexican joint for margaritas and enchiladas.

On Sunday, the sun got a late start and so did we, but as soon as it peeked itself through the clouds, we headed out for a little Sunday stroll, which included frozen yogurt, some early birthday shopping* and bbq sandwiches for dinner.

*Sidenote: For as long as I've been dating/married to Mason, he's been trying to get me to buy some real cold-weather gear, but being the true Southern girl that I am, I've never been interested - that is, until I literally froze my booty off in Europe for 12 straight days (did I not yet mention our summer vacation turned into 60-degree temps with no warning??). I made up my mind on day three of our trip that it was high time I own a seriously warm jacket, and Mason - being the extreme lover of winter gear that he is - jumped for joy. So, on Sunday, he took me shopping for an early birthday present and I got two (TWO!!) North Face jackets. One is a super warm waterproof raincoat and one is a super warm fleece jacket (key words here being "super" and "warm"). Mason has the exact same fleece jacket, so now we're twinsies - super warm twinsies - and I couldn't think of a better 30th birthday present. There are a few moments in life that make you feel like a real grown-up, and one of them is the moment when you realize no matter how many Forever 21 sweaters you layer, you will never be warm enough. I have had that moment, and I am so happy.

No comments: