March 12, 2013

Three Things Thankful

Me and my bird
Joanna from A Cup of Jo posted about gratitude today - about how writing down three things you're thankful for each week can greatly increase your happiness. I love this and think I might keep it as a regular weekly feature on the blog.

The past two weeks have been really hard for me. I'm covering for someone at work while she's out on maternity leave, doing a job that I don't know very well that is very, very busy. I have literally worked from sun up to sun down for days on days and the work is never done. It's definitely wearing on me. While I am immensely thankful that my job allows me to work from home, it also makes it difficult to turn work "off." I feel like I should work all night if there's work to be done, which isn't good for me or my little family.

And so, I'm taking a little blog break in the middle of another ridiculously busy day (even though I really shouldn't) because I need to remember the little things that I'm thankful for - I need a minute to just breath and be happy.

3 things I'm thankful for this week:
1. Longer spring days
2. Snuggly kitty cats
3. Good books (currently reading "Great with Child" and loving it)

*Photo from last weekend, antiquing in Clarksville with Jon and Wren

No comments: